6x6 or 12x12?

Discussion in 'Scrapbooking' started by Beedubya, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Beedubya

Beedubya Shiny Squirrel!!!

Home Page:
    I love scrapbooking but find that since I've been with SU!, I don't do nearly as much. I've recently discovered 6x6 pages and loving it. When you scrapbook, do you do 6x6 or 12x12?

2. Panda Express

Panda Express Swap Survivor

I tend to do 12x12 but because of SU!, I will do 6x6. My favourite size is 9x9 but SU! doesn't do that size and I wish we could just buy albums that were 8.5 x 8.5, instead of the chipboard ones.

3. IndyCrissy

IndyCrissy Swappin' Fool

I'm a 12x12 girl!! I wouldn't consider anything less for what I scrapbook. MY DH takes sooo many pictures of DD and when we are on vacation and sometimes I have a hard time picking the best pictures, so it is not uncommon for me to have several hundred pictures for one trip. If I did 6x6 I would have like a billion ca trillion scrapbooks! LOL

However, I do 6x6 scrapbook for the grandparents, so for birthdays, mother's day, christmas I give them pages to go in the books. It works because I can easily pick out just a few pictures for them.

4. Texasstampin

Texasstampin Keeper of "THE LIST"

Home Page:
    It depends Brandi. For trips, I mostly do 12 x 12 but do a lot of gift albums in 6x6. I scrapped 81/2 x 11 up until about 2 years ago. It took me FOREVER to switch to 12x12. I use a lot of 5x7's in my 12x12 books.

5. MaryR

MaryR New Member

I'm like Sharon, I scrap 12x12 for everything and 6x6 for gifts albums or for smaller themed albums. I do have a few 8 1/2 x 11 albums, too, though! But 12x12 all the way for this girl!

6. scrapshappen

scrapshappen Super Moderator

I'm a 12x12 for my general scrapbooking but I do occasional 6x6 too. Mostly for gifts like the others have said.

7. Chipper

Chipper Busy Swapper Girl

Home Page:
    I do all 12X12 scrapbooking but would kind've like to do an 6X6. The only thing is I would have a ton of 6X6 books!!!

8. mischief

mischief Happy Stamper

I only do 6x6, and very little of that. The 12x12 page is so big, it intimidates me. One picture, a few well placed pieces of paper,ribbon and/or embellishments and I'm done!

9. doxiejan

doxiejan Stampin with Dachshunds

I am a 12x12 kinda girl! I have done all of the other sizes and HATE them! I love to do lots of embellishments and I just cant get what I want on a smaller than 12x12 page.

10. catrules

catrules The Redneck Sista

I am a 12x12 girl! I do 6x6 for gifts, I also demo 6x6 for customers and do progressive pages.

11. Scrapbookmama

Scrapbookmama Crockpot Lovin Stamper

Home Page:
    Back in the day when I was known for Scrapbooking.. (HENCE MY NAME! lol) I did everything in 12x12 I need to get back into it... I would love to do 8x8 because for me that is the perfect size I am thinking of getting the 8x8 chipboard album we have and see what I can do with it.. we shall see.. I have soooooo many pics and have done NADA w/them bad Ellie lol!

-Ellie

12. Pammybaby

Pammybaby Ozark Mountain Stamper

Gosh, you all are making want to start scrapbooking again! I started as a scrapper, then my sis introduced me to stamping, and I was gone . . . . . .!! When I scrapped, I did 12 X 12s of our trips. Then I did 8 1/2 X 11's of my annual week-long get-away with my sisters. I also have tons of 6 X 6 recipe swaps. So, I guess I've done quite a few different sizes.

So, what will I do next? Hmmm, maybe 8 X 8 or 9 X 9 - I do like square pages. Probably won't do 8 1/2 X 11s again. Oh, the possibilities!

13. Chipper

Home Page:

Oooo...Pamela an 8X8 would be the perfect size. It's hard to get a lot on a 6X6.

14. Miserma'am

Miserma'am SU! Demonstrator

Yeah, I do all 12x12, with an occasional 6x6 for a theme book (Disney, etc.) But, I would really love more optoins in 8x8. I am a symmetrical "square" gal!! :)

15. Lyssa

Lyssa SU! Demonstrator

Home Page:
    I am the odd gal out--I do 8.5x11. But it's getting harder and harder to find albums. I love 6x6 for gift albums and have done many of those. I do really enjoy making 12x12 pages for my Scrap A Stacks and workshops, but I don't keep them. I give them as hostess gifts. Someday I need to make the switch, but I like having my albums all be the same size so I will have to get over that first. LOL

16. Chipper

Home Page:

I'm kind've the same way. I like things to be the same. I want everything uniform. I know this is crazy, but the chairs around the table have to be exactly the same. All my clothes have to categorized by color. My DVD's are stored by alphabetical order. I think I'm OCD!!!

17. Miserma'am

Miserma'am SU! Demonstrator

Ya think???

:) ;)

I am so NOT OCD that it's funny!
    I do scrap 12x12 because I am a Libra and I like symmetry & balance! I can't believe I can deal with 4.25x5.5 card fronts!

18. tanya27

tanya27 SU! Demonstrator

Home Page:
    I do 12x12 almost exclusively. I don't even demo any other size. Ok, once I did an 8-1/2x11 for stamp club, but that was because I didn't have enough 12x12 in the color I wanted to use, and then I showed them how to make a progressive page with it! There just isn't wenough room for all the pictures and journaling and embellies that I like to use. I really like to make my own embellies. I know, I'm weird. I don't mind taking a lot of time to do my pages. It isn't about "catching up" for me. It is simply about the creative process. That being said, I really need to start scrapping again! I do 1-2 pages a month for club, but nothing for myself lately....

19. Chipper

Home Page:
    I've got crop night at church tonight. I can't wait. I don't have a clue what I'm going to do, other than the sketch challenge.

20. arimacias

arimacias New Member

i am a strictly 8.5x11 scrapper. i feel SOOOOOOO alone:)