Any one into Genealogy?

Discussion in 'Scrapbooking' started by catrules, Jan 20, 2010.

1. catrules

catrules The Redneck Sista

I thought I would see if anyone was into Genealogy? I've been researching my family history now for about 5 years. I love doing it too! I have pictures from the 1800's and have made 4 scrapbooks so far for my family and I .

Thought I would start a thread if anyone else is into for support!

2. James

James Head Smarty Pants Staff Member

Home Page:
    Yep, I worked on my branch a few years ago. Actually found another Pegram in NC who had traced us all the way back to the first Pegram to come over from England.

3. catrules

Sweet James!!! So far I haven't found any one living on my mom's side but I have a huge chunk missing thanks to the great flood in ohio. Lost lots of records due to that.

4. LisaBee

LisaBee New Member

Somewhere we lost all the research my grandpa did on his family. Could not find it anywhere when he died. Sad really. He had traced back to a prince in Prussia (later East Germany).

5. hcarnes

hcarnes SU! Demonstrator

We've done some researching too. I have one branch traced back to 15th century Scotland. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of information on my father's side of the family. Do you scrapbook all of the pictures and information? I have the hardest time getting down the information when I don't have corresponding pictures.

6. LisaMNaples

LisaMNaples SU! Demonstrator

When I have time, I work on my families trees. Just wished I had more time to work on it.

7. mariemc

mariemc SU! Demonstrator

Home Page:
    I've tried to work on mine, but I run into language barriers and poor record-keeping systems in other countries. I'm very much-so a "mutt". My dad is from Iran - 100% Iranian, and my maternal grandfather is from Cuba (his family immigrated there from France), so both of those lines have been very difficult to follow. Iranians don't keep very good records - my own grandmother isn't sure how old she is!!! My maternal grandfathers records only go back a handful of generations and then they seem to disappear. Kind of sad. I really like to know about my family history!!

8. catrules

Yep I did. What I did was a type out a page of the parents names at the top with birth date and where, death date and where and under neath that if I found the marriage year and where. Then below that I listed the children, birth year and death year. No pictures just did a separate page of that. Then I scrapped the pictures separate on there own page. Then I would do separate page of info for each child I found.

9. catrules

That is hard when the records aren't kept well. Yes very sad.

10. Lyssa

Lyssa SU! Demonstrator

Home Page:
    I have traced back one branch to people who must have been born pre-1800, but that's as far as I have gotten. Some very interesting people... I hate that their stories are lost forever except for a teeny blurb in a paper or single anecdote or photo.

11. HollyLogic

HollyLogic Moderator

I'm kinda sorta starting to get into geneology--so I'll be interested to hear what you experienced family tree hunters have to share!

12. catrules

Make sure you record everything you do, lol that could be a pain later for ya. I write down who I researched and what I found and what is left to find on that specific person.