Big News at my house!

Discussion in 'Everyday Banter' started by tanya27, Aug 21, 2013.

1. scrapshappen

scrapshappen Super Moderator

Don't get me wrong, there are still plenty of people in my family who have done the big, expensive weddings. My reception was big but not expensive. My parents always talk about how their "big" wedding cost $300 (lots of people, but everything came together cheaply). So they complained a lot about what I wanted for my reception. But mine was under $1500 (including the dress and flowers) so a lot more than theirs, but nothing compared to some. I just about die when I hear that some budget more for a wedding gown than we paid for our first real car.

2. escape2stamp

escape2stamp SU! Demonstrator

Home Page:
    Congrats again Tanya! I am happy for you and pray your son and his wife will enjoy much happiness together.

I always laugh to myself when I hear "small wedding" stories. Danny and I wanted a small wedding but knew we had to invite family or we'd never hear the end of it! It ended up at 82 people, and that's only because the majority of his family is in Colombia and the majority of my dad's family is still in Cuba. I cannot even imagine if they lived here. (Well, actually I can. I imagine a circus.)