Halloween 12 x 12 page

Discussion in 'Scrapbooking' started by dixiefinn, Sep 14, 2011.

1. dixiefinn

dixiefinn Retired Sistah

Home Page:
    I am not a scrapbooker and have had a hostess request a halloween 12 x 12 page for her workshop. Help!! Something simple but WOW because all of her guests are scrapbookers. I really want to showcase our products. Thank you in advance.

dixie

2. HollyLogic

HollyLogic Moderator

Hey Dixie, this might not help for your first hostess--but when all her friends book their own workshops, you could be ready with this idea:

There's a scrapbooking swap open now, with sections for Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas--both 12x12 and 6x6 pages. If you signed up for a few sections, you could have great samples and ideas to share!

3. scrapshappen

scrapshappen Super Moderator

Here's the one I did last year. I know the stamps are retired, but you could maybe use something else? The WOW factor is the stamping in shimmer paint on the black.

For the title, we cut the letters out of chipboard and then inked them with black craft ink and then embossed them with II. For a workshop, I wouldn't do both elements, but you could do either idea.

http://www.stampinaddicts.com/galle...=19761&title=october-scrapbook-layout&cat=all

4. dixiefinn

dixiefinn Retired Sistah

Home Page:
    Holly that would be a great idea, but I need to practice sBing before I think about a swap.

5. fa_stamper

fa_stamper SU! Demonstrator

This is mine from last year. They loved the shimmer paint on the web and use for the owl punch. If you have Out on a Limb from the mini you could put many of those elements on here.

SPOOKS

If you want everyone to do something, consider a "Scrapbook Candy" type thing. Have them make a few embelishments to put on their own page. Show how with stamps you can stamp the image several times and make a 3-D embelishment by raising bits of it each time. The Owl punch would be great for this too.

6. lovetostampandscrap

lovetostampandscrap SU! Demonstrator

Home Page:
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2011
  7. MaryR

MaryR New Member

I think Scrapbook Candy is a great idea for a workshop setting - for their hands on they can stamp some of the elements and you can demo the completed page for the hostess.

I received a beautiful swap card from Kris Kilkenny (Paper Fairy) last year that would make great scrap elements - Paper Fairy: It's Spider Week! - I love the Medallion stamped in Black Craft onto Elegant Eggplant cardstock and embossed with Iridescent Ice.

Also, here is a double page spread from Kay Kalthoff that I like the elements

Stamping to Share: 9/19 Halloween 12x12 Pages

And how about this beautiful and simple Halloween page from Paula:

October Scrapbook Layout - Stampin Addicts Gallery

and another fun one from va froggie 44 - I love the die cute title letters embossed with the spider web folder and sponged with shimmer paint

Wheel-y Fabulous Halloween LO - Stampin Addicts Gallery

8. dixiefinn

dixiefinn Retired Sistah

Home Page:
    You all are so wonderful. Thank you so much.

9. redway

redway New Member

I newly join this very interesting forums for discussion. I found this forum very informative about different topics. I like it.