Need help with this page!!!

Discussion in 'Scrapbooking' started by dmdezigns, May 15, 2009.

1. dmdezigns

dmdezigns SU! Demonstrator

So I'm working on finishing the memory album for my mom and step dad's 25th anniversary - which is of course 9 days from now!

This is the first page of the album. The picture is obviously a wedding pic in black and white, layered on sahara sand and not quite navy. The background page is Mellow Moss textured. The Title bar is perfect plum. The strip of pattern paper is non-SU but is what inspired this color palatte. To the right of the pic is a poem I wrote for them for their anniversary matted the same as the pic with vintage brads.

Here's where I need help - the TITLE! I've laid out some chipboard - 25 years . . . (the dots are small hearts). But I don't know how to cover the chipboard. I think I'll need to sponge color onto it, but what color? Here's the link to the page. Pleeeaaaaassssseee give me some input!

Memory Album - title page - Stampin Addicts Gallery

2. dmdezigns

dmdezigns SU! Demonstrator

Oh, yeah - I went with chipboard because I only have that or the billboard decorative strip, which doesn't have numbers and I don't have any stamps with numbers, and my sticky letters are way to big.

Let me know if you hate the chipboard and have another idea! I'm open and my feelings won't be hurt! I just want it perfect.

3. catrules

catrules The Redneck Sista

I posted my comment in the gallery hope that helps :)

4. kristaluv2scrap

kristaluv2scrap New Member

Home Page:
    I think the chipboard looks good as is. If you feel the need to dress it up you could emboss it with some type of sparkle embossing powder. Another option is to print your title from the computer onto vellum and then tear the top and bottom of the piece you printed.