Question

Discussion in 'Scrapbooking' started by zuziqu, Jun 7, 2009.

1. zuziqu

zuziqu SU! Demonstrator

Hi:

There are times when I have all my layers glued down, and then I realize I want to put a brad or eyelet somewhere, and it winds up going though all layers to the back of the base layer. What do I do with the prongs? Do I use tape, and tape them down, or what? I am thinking of putting the pages into the page protectors, and the prongs catch on things. Can I use a piece of tape, or is it going to cause problems with not being archival safe?

Thanks, Sue B

2. Roseolson

Roseolson SU! Demonstrator

Do you have a pair of SU Craft scissors? It will cut through them like butter (I always do it away from my face just to be sure a prong doesn't go flying) and then you can use a glue dot to adhere in. I just did that this morning when I decided the card needed something more even though all the layers were down.
    My other trick is to cut out a scallop or label punch or a snipped shape from the paper used and cover the prongs on the back and then add a strip of the paper at the bottom of the card as well so the inside looks cute and people think you ment to put that shape there. ;)

3. Sings with Scissors

Sings with Scissors New Member

You could also use your heat gun to gently heat up the adhesive on the layer you want the brad through. and then lift that layer. It works great with all 'tape' type adhesives, not so much for liquid adhesive.

However, I have always just put it in the protector with the guts ont he back. I always have another page that is going in behind it facing the other way so all the guts are together. kwim?

4. stampinsaucer

stampinsaucer SU! Demonstrator

I LOVE undu to pull layers up with just about any adhesive. It NEUTRALIZES the adhesive allowing you to pull up the layer and simply re-apply the layer without extra adhesive (I always seem to put extra on anyways as I'm and adhesive junky)

5. MaryR

MaryR New Member

I always just put the brads through and then cover the legs on the back of the page with a piece of scotch tape. easy, no fuss and smooths it out for the back page to slide in with no hitches.

6. CoastieWife09

CoastieWife09 New Member

Ditto.

And, if I don't have a page to put on the back, I'll put in a blank, filler page in the meantime.

7. Chipper

Chipper Busy Swapper Girl

Home Page:
    I agree with Mary!

8. chadsgirl48

chadsgirl48 New Member

Home Page:
    You could just punch out a small circle of cardstock and adhere it to the backside of your layout covering up the prongs so it will slide in the page protector easily.