Scrapbook Pages Color Problem

Discussion in 'Scrapbooking' started by rhondag, May 17, 2010.

1. rhondag

rhondag Stampin', Swappin' Bunny

I am trying to get some scrapbooking done in a timely fashion and could use any advice you all have to offer.

I prefer to make the background pages of a particular event all the same. I probably need to loosen up on that because I am having trouble imagining how to make my daughter's recital pictures (one batch is aqua and pink pirouette, and the other batch is Brilliant Blue, Cherry Cobbler and Daffodil Delight) into a cohesive looking group.

What do you do when the colors of an event don't lend themselves to the same colors of cardstock? White cs? I'd try using one color carried through in some way, but I'm not sure what that would be?

2. Pepesmom

Pepesmom Extreme Swapper!

Home Page:
    Rhonda, off hand I'm thinking Wild Wasabi would look good with either combo or maybe So Saffron.

You could go with So Saffron and Daffodil or either of these with Wasabi.

I would try to avoid the pink/red or aqua/blue having a chance to pull these together.

3. Miserma'am

Miserma'am SU! Demonstrator

Is the stage or curtain or background of those photos a color that is consistent that you could pull out with your background cardstock? Like black or dark gray or navy? That's what I would suggest to "ground" the photos and use accents of those bright colors from the outfits (aren't they always bright?!?).

I have never made it a point to coordinate event colors that way. It's something to think about. I usually treat each two-page spread as it's own layout, unless I am doing a theme album where I might have a color-scheme all the way through.

4. rhondag

Thanks for the ideas Staci and Trina!!! I really appreciate it!!!

I will try them all (I think the curtain was plum), and if all else fails I'll just change backgrounds for each double page layout. I hope I can condense it...right now I have 22 pictures! eek!

5. Melissa

Melissa SU! Demonstrator

I'm not sure if you needed any more advice, but I like to use Kraft as a background color to pull everything together.

6. rhondag

I appreciate all the advice I can get Melissa! I'll try it! Thanks!

7. escape2stamp

escape2stamp SU! Demonstrator

Home Page:
    If you can leave the layout the same and change out the colors as you need to. A friend of mine does most of her pages with the top 2/3 one color, the bottom 1/3 either patterned paper or a coordinating color. Ribbon over the join. She changes the colors/papers etc but the book still has a cohesive look because the layout is repeated...

8. rhondag

Good point Adriana...that will really help if I need to use more than one background color. Thanks!!!