Stampin' Addicts is now on Pinterest

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by scrapshappen, Aug 8, 2013.

1. fa_stamper

fa_stamper SU! Demonstrator

We could host the challenges on a Facebook page. We could post the challenge on Monday and encourage everyone to add their photo to the album for that challenge during the week. It would post on the wall of those who "Like" the page. We could also announce Blog Hops, birthdays, or whatever there too. Facebook allows us to have multiple admins. You can also control what type of person can post to the wall, comment on things, or add photos to albums. We can make it so anyone can see the page, only followers can comment and post to a challenge album.

THOUGHTS???

A week or so after the challenge we can then post those photos to Pinterest all at one time. Though someone would have to save them to their computer or find them all on a blog post. (Again, I do not want to create more work than necessary for anyone). I think two weeks is enough to participate in that challenge and be included on the Pinterest board. People can always continue to add to the Facebook Album after the two weeks is up. You can also just give people one week, since we will then have a new challenge to participate in.

2. scrapshappen

scrapshappen Super Moderator

The problem with FB is that all the traffic stays on FB. The idea is to drive traffic to SA (and maybe as a side bonus to our individual blogs).

So my thought is to post the challenge here on Monday. Create the board on Pinterest the same day. Anyone who plans to play could then post to that thread and I'll make sure they have pinning privileges on to the board. Then when they've made their creation, they can either post it to their blog or to the gallery here and then they could pin it from either of those places to pinterest. Blogs could be linked back to the challenge here to maybe drive some traffic back as well.

I don't have an opinion on how long the challenges should go, but I think we should get a new one each week. I liked the idea of having a "winner" choose the next week's challenge only so that it doesn't fall on the same person to do it each week. But we could run it in a 2 week cycle too. (So that there are always two running at any given time). Anyone can post a thread here so the only part that falls to me is creating the board on pinterest. I could automatically give anyone who played in the previous week's challenge the ability to pin to the next week's.

3. scrapshappen

I do appreciate the ideas though, Kathleen.

4. fa_stamper

fa_stamper SU! Demonstrator

I can see your point. We do want the traffic in turn to come here or our blogs. Just trying to think of how we can reach a bigger audience and make less work for you. I agree that pinterest will do more of what our goal is. I was just on Facebook for something else (cause when am I not on Facebook) and the thought hit me.

5. scrapshappen

6. s1itcher46

s1itcher46 Active Member

Home Page:
    What about a forum on the general side where people could post the challenges from their blogs? It could be a chat thread too, or do we have that already?

7. scrapshappen

I thought the challenge forums were in the general forums? I will check into that. And I don't mind a little chatter in each week's thread.

8. scrapshappen

I miss understood your question. We have a Challenge Discussion Forum that is on the general side. It's where I posted the recycle challenge. A thread like you are suggesting could certainly be posted there too.

9. tanya27

tanya27 SU! Demonstrator

Home Page:
    Paula, my dear friend, I need pinner status :) I am following, but can't pin to the SA boards.

I have been slowly repinning the Blog pins. My theory is that if I spread them out over a period of time it will generate traffic again for those who missed it the first time, or the third! I hope it works :)

10. scrapshappen

I added you to the challenge board. The other boards already have all the hop stuff on them.