Technique Challenge 44 (3/2/10) - Split Negative

Discussion in 'Technique Challenges' started by Debbi, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Debbi

Debbi SU! Demonstrator

Thank you Rhonda for inviting me to be a guest host for this challenge! Since I have to work tomorrow and can't post from there, I'm posting a little early.

You'll need: Versamark ink, black and white embossing powder, an embossing buddy, and a paper trimmer. This technique is a lot of fun! The original instructions I found suggest stamping twice (once on white once on black) then cutting them and matching them back up. Umm, no, I don't think so. So here's my version:
    1. Choose a large enough image to be the focal image of your card. It should be pretty solid so you can emboss it.
    2. Cut one black and one white piece of cardstock the size to fit your image. Cut the pieces in half.
    3. Using repositionable tape, attach one of each half to a piece of scrap paper, making sure your edges are tight together.
    4. Stamp your image in versamark or craft ink. Remove one side, emboss with the opposite color (white on black, black on white).
    5. Layer with the opposite colors, and mat with a coordinating/complimentary color. Doesn’t have to be black and white.
    Remember that Whisper White cardstock is thinner than the black. In order to get a complete image across the seam make sure you press firmly in the center or layer a second piece of WW to make them even.

Technique Ring Sample
    Valentine

There are a couple more samples in my gallery.
    Experiment with different colors, not just black and white. Try using different angles of where the two pieces meet.

---------------------------------------------------
    You can work on this challenge whenever you want. There is no time limit. Please post your work in the Technique challenge gallery with the phrase Tech44 in the keywords and post your link here, so we can all see it.

I hope you will find time to play and Have fun!

2. rhondag

rhondag Stampin', Swappin' Bunny

Very easy to understand instructions Debbi! Thanks so much for sharing your great variation on this technique with us Debbi---much easier this way! (I appreciate your willingness to host this week as well!)

3. Tina123

Tina123 SU! Demonstrator

Thank you Debbi for the easy to follow directions.

4. s1itcher46

s1itcher46 Active Member

Home Page:
    I love this style card. I'll get one posted this week.