What size do you scrapbook?

Discussion in 'Scrapbooking' started by Chipper, Jul 11, 2009.

?

What size do you scrapbook?

Poll closed Jul 26, 2009.
  1. 6x6

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. 8x8

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  3. 8.5x8.5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 8.5x11

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 12x12

14 vote(s)
    82.4%
  1. Chipper

Chipper Busy Swapper Girl

Home Page:
    What size do you scrapbook??

2. mbstamper

mbstamper SU! Demonstrator

I am currently working on a 9x9 chipboard album and some odd size acrylic albums and when those are done I will be so happy to get back to plain ol' 12x12 forever.
    Mary Beth

3. HowManyCats?!

HowManyCats?! SU! Demonstrator

Home Page:
    I've mostly done 12 x 12 up until now so that is how I voted BUT when I actually have time to scrap again (after Convention and after my son's wedding this fall), I'm going to switch over to 8 x 8. I often only had one decent photo of an event and it is tough to build a great 12 x 12 layout around just one picture. I did try 6 x 6 but that is just too small, IMO. When I started scrapping, 8.5 X 11 was totally out of favor so I've never tried . . . I guess I probably should at least give it a shot someday because it might be the best of both worlds for someone like me.

4. willsygirl

willsygirl SU! Demonstrator

I mostly do gift items - some mostly 8x8, Creative Memories 7x7...the smaller stuff :)

5. LisaBee

LisaBee New Member

I scrap mostly 12x12, but that depends on the event or reason. I do also do 6x6 for smaller events.

6. CoastieWife09

CoastieWife09 New Member

I love 12x12. I love to stuff my pages full of photos, so anything smaller just doesn't work for me.

I've started a few 6x6 but never finished them because I'd get mad at the lack of space.

7. Debadoo

Debadoo Active Member

Do you mean for real or in my mind??? lol I have many plans for scrapbooking but haven't gotten around to it yet. I did buy a 12x12 Army album to do my son's military pics, but we need to get photo paper and get some printed out. The few pages I've actually done have been 6x6 and have mostly been recipe swaps.

8. blueberrystamps

blueberrystamps SU! Demonstrator

Home Page:
    I voted for 12x12 but I also really like 8x8 . It just depends on what I am doing the scrapbook for.

9. cindycanada

cindycanada SU! Demonstrator

Home Page:
    12 x 12 is the format I have used the most, but I have tried every size and have at least an album for each.

I tried 6 x 6 because I had that album size in my Starter Kit and I found I did like it for what I called my "orphan pictures". You know, those pictures you have that aren't part of a series, that you have to crop to 3 x 3 to take off the unwanted people or scenery behind and that don't have a lengthy story behind them, so no need for extensive journaling beyong "Look how cute Judy was in that dress!" ? I do find that it is quite small and hard to fit anything in there, so now that we have 8½ x 8½, I really do prefer that size to the 6x6.

I have also filled a whole album with 8½ x 11 pages. I don't know that I would have tried that format, had it not been for the fact that SU! sells those albums, but as you can see, I am up for trying anything! It is a fun format as well. When they stopped carrying the albums, I was out of room and stopped making pages in that size, but now that it's back, I would like to give it a try again.

I guess the main reason why I haven't is because I try to stick to one format per theme so that the pages can be grouped in an album together once they are done and right now, my Convention pictures and Christmas pictures are all scrapped in 12 x 12, so I am trying to stick to that format to keep all of the pages together at the end. I do like the fact that 8½ x 11 allows you to use the same size of cs for both cards and pages, and that you have more filling options for it! (I keep my cs in hanging files.)

10. catrules

catrules The Redneck Sista

12x12 all the way!! :)

11. Texasstampin

Texasstampin Keeper of "THE LIST"

Home Page:
    It's hard for me to answer. I started scrapbooking back when 8 1/2 x 11 was the only size (well except for CM's 8x10 which I never understood). The majority of my albums are 8 1/2x11. A few years ago, because I was doing mostly vacation photos and when I scrap those I scrap them mostly in 5x7 size because of the landscapes, I started working in 12x12. I still find 12x12 hard to do unless I'm doing vacations with all my 5x7 photos. I've done a few 6x6 albums for gifts and like those and I'm loving the 8 1/2 x 8 1/2 size as well. So, I guess you can say I scrap in whatever size the project dictates. And soon I'm be digi/hybrid scrapbooking and I can't wait!