writing on chalkboard decor elements

Discussion in 'Home Decor' started by hlw966, Aug 18, 2011.

1. hlw966

hlw966 SU! Demonstrator

Home Page:
    I finally got DH to frame/mount the SAB chalkboard DE from SAB for my daughter. What do you use to write on the chalkboard DE? We started with chalk, but that's very messy. Is chalk markers the right name for what they use at restaurants? Do they work on the DE vinyl, and where do I get them? Thanks for your help!

2. MaryR

MaryR New Member

yes :smile: that's what I use (well DD uses) I bought a 4 pack (maybe six, but I think four) of the chalk markers at Joann's with a coupon - they're kinda pricey I thought. They work great and are so pretty and are SO NOT messy! wipe off great

3. escape2stamp

escape2stamp SU! Demonstrator

Home Page:
    Good to know! Thanks, ladies!

4. scrapshappen

scrapshappen Super Moderator

Yep. I was going to say chalk marker too. I have one and have never used it because I've never hung one up. One of these days.

5. Packer Fan

Packer Fan SU! Demonstrator

I just asked my hubby to cut some wood for my SAB chalk DE! I bought the chalk markers at Michaels. They were 50% off because my Michaels relocated! Can't wait to try them out!

6. hlw966

hlw966 SU! Demonstrator

Home Page:
    Thanks! I'll look tomorrow. Little Missy and I have to hit the "crap" store. I'm hoping for some alterable goodies for the blog hop.

ETA: crap store = craft store in my house. SU sells way better quality than what I find there.

7. tanya27

tanya27 SU! Demonstrator

Home Page:
    Ok, I replaced a laminated piece of paper velcroed to the Triage Door at the ER I work in with some of the Chalkboard DE. We use real chalk, white and colored and it works great! I don't think it's messy... we just wipe it off with a tissue each day and write the correct day of the week and date....